KnightBrook Insurance Company
4751 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010 888-333-8198
TERMS OF PROTECTION
KENTUCKY AMENDATORY ENDORSEMENT
Under Eligibility Requirements, the second bullet is deleted and replaced with the following:
- YOU are fifteen (15) years of age or older;
The We may stop your protection provision is deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
We may stop your protection
Should YOU fail to make YOUR payment when due on the first (1st) of each month, WE will email YOU to notify YOU that payment has not been received and, WE will give at least fourteen (14) days notice of cancellation. During this fourteen (14) day notice period WE will re-attempt to charge YOUR nominated payment method on file. If we are unable to collect payment during this fourteen (14) day notice period, WE will CANCEL YOUR TERMS OF PROTECTION on the fifthteenth (15th) day. WE will notify YOU by email to confirm the CANCELLATION of YOUR TERMS OF PROTECTION. If allowed by applicable law, WE may deduct outstanding premium from a claim payment or refuse to pay any pending claims that have occurred during a protection period in which the premium due was not paid.
If WE are no longer able to source replacement parts or replacements for YOUR item, WE may send YOU a non-renewal notice that YOUR item is no longer eligible for PROTECTION.
The Fraud provision is revised as follows: is deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
WE want to provide a great PROTECTION experience to all OUR customers. Unfortunately, there are some that try and carry out fraudulent activity. WE take this very seriously, and as a result WE may need to share the data WE hold on YOU with other insurers, law enforcement agencies, and anti-fraud data providers in order to help prevent and detect fraud, both in relation to details YOU have provided to US when purchasing PROTECTION and information relating to YOUR claim as required and permitted by law.
Any person who knowingly and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person files an application for insurance containing any materially false information or conceals, for the purpose of misleading, information concerning any fact material thereto commits a fraudulent act, which is a crime.
If YOU or anyone acting for YOU:
- knowingly provide(s) information to US as part of YOUR application that is inaccurate or false;
- knowingly make(s) a fraudulent or exaggerated claim under YOUR PROTECTION;
- knowingly make(s) a false statement in support of a claim;
- submits a false or forged document in support of a claim; or
- makes a claim for any LOSS, THEFT, MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN, or ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE caused by YOUR willful act or caused with YOUR agreement, knowledge, or collusion,
- The Kentucky Department of Insurance may prosecute fraudulent claimants;
- WE may take action to remove YOUR PROTECTION upon fifteen (15) days’ notice or other period as required by law;
- WE will not pay any fraudulent claims;
- WE will be entitled to recover from YOU the amount of any fraudulent claim already paid under YOUR PROTECTION since the start date;
- WE may not return any premium paid by YOU for the PROTECTION;
- WE may inform the police of the circumstances;
- WE may pass YOUR details onto fraud prevention agencies or the relevant department of insurance; and
- WE may place YOUR details onto a register of claims through which insurers share claims-related information.
The Arbitration Agreement provision is deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this TERMS OF PROTECTION or the breach, termination, enforcement, construction, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, may, upon mutual written agreement by YOU and US be submitted to non-binding arbitration in the state of Kentucky.
The arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Judgment on the Award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This TERMS OF PROTECTION and the rights of the parties hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kentucky, exclusive of conflict or choice of law rules.
The parties shall maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and the award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, or unless otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
Should YOU remain dissatisfied following OUR final written response, YOU may refer YOUR case to the Department of Insurance for YOUR state of residence at the address below. The Department of Insurance is the governing body that assists on complaints about general insurance products. This does not affect YOUR right to take legal action.